You have to love this recipe for Vegetarian Chili. It tastes just like chili without meat. Vegetarian Chili can be made with all kinds of ingredient. This recipe for Vegetarian Chili is rich, hearty, and immensely flavorful. It is great served in a bowl, in a flour or corn tortilla, in an omelet, on corn chips baked in the oven, as a dip, etc., etc. Give this Vegetarian Chili a try.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 large can (28 ounces) tomatoes, undrained, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce)can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cilantro, scallions, shredded cheese, sour crearm for garnish, optional
- In a large pan, saute the onions and spices with oil. Add peppers and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add cocoa, tomatoes, and water; bring to a boil. Add kidney and black beans,and corn.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste. To serve, sprinkle with cilantro and scallions, shredded cheese, and one scoop of sour cream.