- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 (32-ounce) jar dill pickle slices
- Prepared ranch dressing for dipping
- In a medium bowl combine the eggs, 1/4 cup flour, buttermilk, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. In a separate bowl combine the remaining 2 cups flour, cornmeal, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and black pepper.
- Preheat the oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees. Drain the dill pickle slices and dry slightly with a paper towel. Dip the slices into the buttermilk mixture and then in the cornmeal mixture. Deep-fry until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Serve with ranch dressing.