- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 c. tartar sauce
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- In a large bowl gently combine crabmeat, mayonnaise, mustard and 2 teaspoons flour, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate mixture for 10 minutes.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Line a plate with plastic wrap and put crab cakes on it. Cover with more wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to one day.
- In a shallow bowl, put extra flour for dredging. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Quickly and carefully dredge crab cakes, tap off excess flour and add to skillet.
- Cook for 8 min. turning halfway through cooking or until golden brown.
- Serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.