- 1 stick of butter
- 4 teaspoons of Crisco shortening
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- milk as needed to make dough pliable
- 1/2 pound of sesame seeds
- egg white to make seeds stick
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream shortening with eggs and vanilla
- Add flour and salt and as much milk is as necessary to make dough workable.
- Cut off pieces of dough and roll between hands, dip in beaten egg whites, and then dip into seeds.
- Arrange on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool and eat