- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Salt (1 pinch)
- 3/4 cups of warm water
- 1 package of dry yeast
- 6-7 cups of oil for frying
- Mix the yeast and water.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour and salt.
- Once the yeast is creamy, combine with the flour/salt mixture.
- Cover with saran and let sit for about an hour in a warm place (The dough should double in size and become very airy.)
- About 45 minutes into letting the dough sit you can start the fryer and heat to 375.
Using your a spoon plop a tablespoon of dough into the heated oil
- Turn once and when golden brown drain on paper towel.
- While hot and still oily shake them in a bowl filled with powdered sugar or a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.