- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 T sugar
- 3/4 t baking powder
- Oil for frying
- Powdered sugar for top
- Sift flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and milk.
- Add dry ingredients to egg/milk mixture.
- Add about 1 inch of cooking oil to a frying pan and heat.
- Holding your finger over the bottom of a funnel, pour some of the batter into funnel and drizzle into the hot oil.
- Cook until golden and then flip and do same to other side.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve hot.