- 3 cups flour
- 2 t baking soda
- 3 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 vegetable oil
- 2 junior size (7 1/2 oz) baby food carrots
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a bowl, sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, and sugar and then stir in oil and carrots – mix well. Add cherries and walnuts.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until dry ingredients are moistened (do not overmix!)
- Pour into greased and floured 10-inch tube pan and bake for 60-70 minutes.
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened SAVE $
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar, plus more as needed
- In a large bowl, beat softened butter and cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed 2 to 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in vanilla, then stir in powdered sugar. Add more powdered sugar as needed until frosting is a thick spreadable consistency.