For the filling
- 6 tart apples (like Granny Smith, Rome, Winesap, etc.) peeled, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of salt
For the Filling:
- Mix all the ingredients together. Place into 9×9 inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized pot taking care not to burn it. Once butter is melted, turn off heat.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt into the melted butter using 2 butter knives cutting in opposite directions. Continue “cutting” ingredients into butter until it forms crumb sized lumps.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add crumbs to the top of the apples.
- Bake crisp for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.