- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 2 tsp. lemon peel (optional)
- a bit of whipping cream to brush on the top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Coat hands with flour and knead just as long as it takes to make a ball*
- Turn out onto a floured surface and roll into a 7 1/2 inch circle using a floured rolling pin
- Using a pizza cutter, cut into 6-8 wedges
- Lightly brush the top of each wedge with whipping cream and transfer to ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes
*Do not overwork this dough – the more you knead it, the tougher the scone will be!