- 2 lbs Boneless pork roast sliced thin or chicken cutlets sliced horizontally in thirds and pounded between waxed paper to tenderize
- 3 eggs beaten with salt, pepper, garlic powder, a dash of oregano, and a dash of basil
- 4 cups seasoned breadcrumbs mixed with 1/2 cup flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon basil, 1/3 cup pecorino romano grated cheese
- olive oil and canola or vegetable oil for frying
- Slice/pound meat or chicken
- Mix egg mixture with cheese and spices in bowl big enough to dip meat/chicken
- Mix breadcrumbs, flour, cheese and spices
- Set up and heat fry pan over medium/high heat with 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 canola or vegetable oil (about 1/2 inch in the bottom of pan)
- Set up a dish with breadcrumb mixture (Do not put in all the breadcrumbs at one time so that if you have extra it will not be contaminated by meat/chicken and can be saved in a ziplock bag in the fridge.)
- Dip both sides of meat/chicken in egg mixture and let it drip off, then coat in breadcrumbs, pushing breadcrumb mixture into the meat/chicken.
- Make sure oil is hot (meat will sizzle when put in if oil is ready) and fry cutlets until golden brown making sure that heat is not too high and burning them.
- Drain on paper towels.
- If making parmesan, simply add sauce and grated mozzarella cheese and pop in the oven till cheese is melted.
NOTE: You can make fried chicken (with bones) with this recipe by adding more oil to the pan (about 1 -2 inches of oil mixture). Fried chicken with bones will need to cook for about 20 minutes. You can test for doneness by using a meat thermometer – the internal temperature of 170 degrees for breast and 180 degrees for thighs and legs.