This recipe can be altered to include anything that you like. There aren’t real measurements for meat, vegetables, and cheese. Use your eyes and your judgment and add as much or as little as you like.
- 8-12 eggs
- 4-5 potatoes – seasoned as you like – I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper in mine.
- any other ingredients you like with eggs
- Oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add enough oil to coat the bottom of a large cast iron skillet
- Fry your potatoes – with or without onions and other vegetables
- If using meat, you may add cut up meat (ham, sausage, bacon) to the potatoes
- In a large bowl, mix eggs
- Cook potatoes until tender and when cooked, add the potatoes to the eggs
- Add enough oil to the bottom of the cast iron skillet so that your eggs will not stick. Swirl oil in the pan to make sure oil goes up the sides of the pan as the eggs will touch the sides as well as the bottom. Heat oil.
- Pour eggs and potato mixture into the skillet making sure ingredients are spread out evenly.
- If you are adding cheese or other delicate things like cooked asparagus or other cooked vegetables, do so now.
- Cook on medium heat until the bottom of the eggs appear to be setting (cooking a bit – hardening).
- When the bottom of the eggs seem to be setting, transfer the pan into the oven and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- You can check for doneness by inserting a butter knife into the center. If it is cooked the knife will come out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes.
- Cut with a pizza cutter and serve.