- Pizza dough
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Any topping you like
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees making sure to have pizza stone in the oven while it is heating.
- Flour counter or work surface and pizza dough making sure that the place you work is near the oven so that it will be easy to transfer pizza dough to hot pizza stone.
- Push the center of dough with the palm of your hand turning the dough as it flattens.
- Using fingertips, work your way to the outer edge of dough – once again turning dough as you go.
- When the dough is as large as you can make it on the countertop, lift and using fists gently stretch dough turning to make sure it remains round.
- Once the oven is heated and dough is shaped, remove pizza stone from the oven with pot holder placing it on burners. Fold dough in half and quickly move it from the countertop to the pizza stone. Reshape pizza dough bringing it to the edge of the stone.
- Add a few ladles of sauce and even it out on the dough.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and whatever topping you are using.
- Carefully put the pizza stone back into the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Check pizza by lifting the pizza off the stone to see if the bottom is firm. Cook until it is to desired crispness.