- About 2 c. lightly packed basil leaves, washed and dried thoroughly
- 1/2 c. toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the basil, pine nuts, cheese and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are incorporated, but not completely smooth. You want some texture.
- Gradually add the olive oil until the mixture is emulsified.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with hot pasta, spread onto pieces of grilled bread, mix into ricotta to use as a dip for veggies, whatever. This stuff is good.