- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cans tomato puree
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes in puree
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried, crushed oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried, crushed basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Any piece of pork with or without bone
- Italian Sausage
- In a large pot, saute garlic in olive oil taking care not to burn.
- Add pork and sausage and cook for a few minutes to get a bit of brown on it.
- Add canned tomatoes – rinse cans with water and add the water to the pot to try to achieve a good texture.
- Add bay leaves, salt, garlic powder, oregano, basil, and sugar.
NOTE: You can change the texture of the sauce, making it smoother, by replacing crushed tomatoes with puree.