- 2 pound of ground beef (I prefer ground turkey)
- 2 cup of cooked white rice
- Cabbage – 12 large cabbage leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cans of Campbell’s condensed tomato soup
- Place whole cabbage in a large pot and cover it with water – boil for approximately 20 minutes – cabbage should be firm, but not crunchy. When done, drain and allow cabbage to cool.
- Meanwhile, place ground meat, rice, salt, pepper and 1/2 of one can of condensed Campbell’s tomato soup into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Remove 6 large outer cabbage leaves by cutting near core with a knife.
- Add 1 can of condensed Campbell’s tomato soup to either a large pot or a crock pot. Add one can (tomato soup can) of water and mix.
- Take approximately one-sixth of the meat mixture and roll it into a large cabbage leaf. Place into pot or crockpot. Continue until all cabbage rolls are formed.
- Spoon the other half can of Campbell’s tomato soup mixture over the top of the cabbage rolls.
- Cook on the top of the stove in a covered pot for one hour or in the crockpot for 3 hours on high.