- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Sour cream / Applesauce
- Peel and cube potatoes and onions. Add all to blender or food processor and “grate or blend” until all is smooth. (If necessary, add a bit of water – as much as is necessary to ensure that potatoes and onions blend smoothly.)
- Dump blended potatoes and onions into a fine strainer and allow water to drain from the mixture (allow about 5 minutes for it to drain).
- Transfer to a bowl and add egg, salt and pepper, and flour. Mix well.
- Coat frying pan with 1/4 inch of oil. When oil is hot, add 3-4 tablespoons of potato mixture. Cook until browned on one side and then flip and brown on the other side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with applesauce or sour cream