- 4-5 medium to large potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely diced Vidalia onion – If you don’t have a Vidalia, use a red onion – a bitter onion will ruin this recipe! Better to eliminate altogether than to use a bitter onion.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and cut potatoes in half or thirds (even pieces – you can cook with skin)
- Cover potatoes and eggs with salted water (about 1-2 tablespoons of salt – water should taste salty) and cook until potatoes are fork tender
- When potatoes are cooked, drain and cover with cold water replacing water until potatoes and eggs are cool enough to peel.
- Peel skin from potatoes and cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces and add to bowl.
- Peel eggs and cut into bite-sized pieces and add to bowl
- Mix mayonnaise and sour cream (or plain yogurt) and add to potatoes.
- Add celery and onions, mix and taste – then add salt and pepper to adjust flavor to your liking.
- Add more mayonnaise/sour cream if necessary