- 1 medium head of cabbage cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- Pepperoni, Ham, or Kielbasa cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 cups of water
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Grated cheese
- In a large pot, saute garlic in olive oil
- Add pepperoni, ham, or kielbasa, water, and cabbage
- Salt and pepper and bring all to a boil, cover and cook until cabbage is tender.
- Add canned cannellini beans and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with grated cheese and a good Italian or French bread.