- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 8 oz. boneless chicken breast or thighs, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 6 oz. dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 lime, juiced
- Sliced red onion, red chilis, cilantro, scallions to garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the oil, garlic, ginger, and Thai red curry paste. Fry for 5 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook for a couple minutes, just until the chicken turns opaque.
- Add the chicken broth, water, fish sauce, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil. At this point, taste the broth for salt and adjust seasoning accordingly (add salt if needed, or if it’s too salty, add a bit of water). Pour the boiling soup over the dried vermicelli noodles in your serving bowls, add a squeeze of lime juice and your garnishes, and serve. The noodles will be ready to eat in a couple minutes.
(Alternatively, you can add the noodles to the boiling broth to cook them, and then divide among serving bowls).
Source: The Woks of Life