Garden tomatoes are being picked faster than I can use them. They are sweet and delicious so I am always in search of new recipes that showcase these delightful tomatoes.
I found this simple 5 ingredient Roasted Tomato Tart recipe on Rachel Ray’s website. It is the perfect recipe for this time of year. The refrigerated pie crust makes this recipe completely effortless.
If your garden has produced plentiful tomatoes or if you simply are a fan, this is a very nice recipe.
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust
- 1/2 cup shredded Pecorino, plus more for topping
- 1 pound multi-colored baby tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons small or torn basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll the pie crust into a 7-by-10-inch rectangle or a 9-inch circle and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Top pie crust with cheese, leaving a 2-inch border.
- Top with tomatoes, cut-sides up.
- Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold crust edges over outer edge of tomatoes, pleating as needed.
- Brush crust edges with remaining oil.
- Bake until crust is golden and tomatoes are bubbling, 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes. Sprinkle with basil before serving.
Source: Rachel Ray