There are times that you just want to create a slow cooker recipe for a special occasion. You don’t want your typical stew or curry that you make on a normal weekday. You want something healthy but delicious; something that your guests or your family crave for every time, there’s a birthday, anniversary, or a party.
Here is one of the great, healthy, slow-cooker recipes featured on Positive Health Wellness. Click here to check out all of these healthy slow-cooker recipes.
Crock Pot Beef Lasagna
- 1 lb of beef mince, preferably lean or extra lean
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 12 oz of cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup of parmesan or asiago cheese
- 12 oz lasagne noodles, uncooked
- 16 oz of mozzarella cheese, grated
- In a frying pan, cook the onion, garlic, and beef until the beef is browned
- Add the tomato sauce and paste oregano, and salt, cooking until warm
- Spoon a layer of meat to the bottom of the slow cooker and add two layers of lasagne noodles (you may need to break to fit in), and then top with the cheeses
- Repeat until you’ve used up all the ingredients or you have no space
- Cook for 4-5 hours on a low setting in the slow cooker; you can half the time on a high heat, but it doesn’t taste as good
- Serve with a fresh side salad, full of tomatoes, spinach leaves, and bell peppers.
See more healthy crock pot recipes here.
Source: Positive Health Wellness