Mexican dips are a favorite at any gathering – especially on Super Bowl Sunday. This recipe will be a crowd pleaser for sure.
The best part about this 7 Layer Mexican Dip is that you can create it how you like it! Switch it up and add what you like best.
Here’s the basic recipe.
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained, reserve juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can rosarita traditional refried beans
- 1 (12 ounce) container refrigerated prepared guacamole
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- tortilla chips
- Reserve 1/2 cup drained tomatoes, set aside. Blend remaining tomatoes and reserved juice with beans in small bowl
- Spread bean-tomato mixture into 8×8 inch baking dish or round casserole dish. Top with guacamole.
- Blend sour cream and taco seasoning mix together in small bowl. Spread over guacamole. Top evenly with layers of cheese, olives, green onions, and reserved tomatoes.
- Chill for 2 hours prior to serving. Serve with tortilla chips!