This is a fun recipe that is great for a party. I am having a get-together next weekend and plan to make this. Sometimes I make it with meat and sometimes I just use refried beans. Either way, it’s great. If you want to add meat, simply brown ground turkey or beef, add your favorite taco dry mix (follow directions on package) and add the meat and the refried beans to the tacos.
This is a flavorful dish that is a real crowd pleaser.
- 1 (20-oz.) box Mini Tacos
- 1 (16-oz.) can black refried beans or regular refried beans, heated
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef plus 1 package of dry packaged taco mix (if desired)
- 1 cup Mexican-style shredded 3-cheese blend
- 3/4 cup Pico de Gallo or favorite salsa
- 1 (2.25-oz.) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onions
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare meat as per taco mix directions
- Stuff Mini Tacos with refried beans (and meat if you would like)
- Arrange on a lightly greased, large ovenproof platter or shallow baking dish; bake (about 10 to 12 minutes).
- Remove from oven, then quickly layer tacos with refried beans, cheese, Pico de Gallo, black olives and sliced green onions.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese has melted (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Dollop with guacamole and sour cream. Serve immediately. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Preparation Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Serving Suggestions: For an added spice, top with sliced jalapeños.