Who doesn’t like a crunchy, salty, sweet, chocolate, almond treat?
These Almond Chocolate Toffee Bars are made with saltine cracker which offer a delightful salty crunch to these bars.
I love almonds but you can add your favorite nut – cashews, peanuts, pecans, walnuts – you name it.
Add these Almond Chocolate Toffee Bars to your Christmas cookie trays this year and you’ll be adding making this recipe as part of your Christmas baking routine every year.
- 1 1/4 cup of butter, divided
- 35 to 40 Saltines
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Crushed Almonds or your favorite nut
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a 15 x 10 pan with heavy duty foil
- Melt 1/4 cup of the margarine in saucepan. Pour into prepared jelly pan.
- Arrange crackers over butter, breaking crackers to fit empty spaces.
- Melt remaining margarine in same saucepan; add brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour over crackers.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and slightly darkened. Remove from oven; cool for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand for 2 minutes or until morsels are shiny; spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Remove foil; cut into pieces.
- If you like nuts, sprinkle some crushed almonds on top of the chocolate while it’s still melted!