Every deli counter has a cabbage health salad. Because cabbage health salad has no mayonnaise in it, is a nice healthy twist on cole slaw. The slightly sweet taste comes from both honey and, in this recipe, a nice crisp apple.
Give this Apple Cabbage Health Salad recipe a try. It is very refreshing.
- 1 crisp apple, cubed into bite size pieces
- 1 Napa cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
- 3 TBSP honey
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Shaved almonds (optional)
- Chop apple, cabbage, red onion, and carrots
- Combine all ingredients, add salt to taste, let sit overnight, and serve