Apple Enchiladas make a very nice addition to breakfast, brunch, or dinner. Add a scoop of your favorite ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Served warm, they are to die for!
- 1 can (21 oz.) apple fruit filling
- 6 (8″) flour tortillas or 8 (fajita size) tortillas
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup water
- Spoon fruit filling evenly down center of each tortillas and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon.
- Roll up and place seam side down in lightly greased 2-qt baking dish.
- Bring butter and next 3 ingredients to boil in medium saucepan; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour over enchiladas and let stand 30 minutes.
- Bake @ 350° for 20 minutes.
- Cool 5-10 minutes. Top with whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg.
Note: To make tortillas easier to roll, Pace them between a couple damp paper towels and zap them in the microwave for a few seconds to warm before filling