Here is a great recipe for an Asian cole slaw salad. This Asian cole slaw tastes great and is a wonderful side dish or appetizer for those times when you are serving a stir fry or some other Asian dish. I’ve brought this as a covered dish to picnics and it is always well received. Just dress it at the last minute and serve.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 T fresh lime juice
- 3 T Asian fish sauce
- 3 T water
- 3 T sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 T Sriracha sauce or any other hot sauce
- 2 pounds napa cabbage, thinly sliced (about 12 cups)
- 3/4 lb. red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 3 medium carrots, juliened (I used a mandoline, but next time I would grate the carrots)
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 T chopped cilantro (I used about 1/2 cup chopped cilantro)
- 15 mint leaves (I used about 1/4 cup chopped mint)
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts (Sher said unsalted, but I only had salted)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Whisk together peanut butter, lime juice, fish sauce, water, sweetener, garlic and Sriracha.
- In large bowl, toss together sliced napa and red cabbage, carrots, peppers, cilantro, mint, and peanuts.
- Toss salad with the dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve right away. If you plan to eat some later, don’t add the dressing until just before serving.