Asian Lemon Chicken is a bit of a twist on regular Asian cuisine. This chicken is tenderized by the buttermilk and given a light, fresh taste with the lemon glaze.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
For TheLemon Glaze
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- To make the glaze, combine honey, soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, pepper and garlic powder in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 10-12 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working one at a time, dredge chicken in flour, dip into buttermilk, then dredge in flour again, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet, 3 or 4 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with lemon glaze.