- 1 teaspoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 scallion, sliced
- salt to taste
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until garlic is fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add water, increase heat to high, and bring to boil. When water boils, remove the pan from the heat and add peanut butter, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (saving some scallion slices for garnish, if desired).
- Return to heat and continue stirring for 2-4 minutes until mixture is thickened.
- Serve warm or cold with crackers or crudité.