- 1 cup soy sauce
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 Tablespoons 1/2 minced onion
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped ginger
- 4 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- Make marinade by mixing all ingredients except pork, then pour marinade into a ziploc bag.
- Put the tenderloins into the bag and turn to coat all sides with marinade. Squeeze the air out of the bag, seal it and place it in the refrigerator.
- Marinate for at least 3 hours, but ideally overnight periodically turning the bag to make sure that the tenderloins are covered in the marinade.
- When ready to cook, put the meat and the marinade into a roasting pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees F. Approximately 25 – 35 minutes.
- While meat is cooking, pour marinade into small pot and heat until boiling. Cook for 3-5 minutes and thicken with flour or cornstarch slurry to make a gravy.
- Allow the meat rest for 10 minutes before carving it.
- Cut the meat diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Serve with rice. Top with gravy.