Asian Sesame Chicken Salad is a popular salad served at many restaurants today. Each restaurant has their own version of this popular salad. Asian Sesame Chicken Salad is all about the salad dressing. It will make or break your recipe. It must be flavorful and deliver the “Asian Sesame” to your recipe.
I’ve kept the greens in this recipe very simple but you may include anything that you would in any other salad – peppers, onions, tomatoes, green onions, etc. Or you can add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, etc. The key to a successful Asian Sesame Chicken Salad is to include your favorite ingredients and top it with a delicious Asian Sesame Dressing.
This Asian Sesame Chicken Salad is a wonderful light meal. Or, eliminate the chicken and make it the start to a company dinner.
- 4 cups loosely packed bite-size pieces romaine lettuce or romaine mix
- 1 Tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 oz cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts – cut into strips
- Chinese Noodles for texture
- 1 Tbs toasted sesame seeds
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon sweet rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Juice from 1 fresh orange
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons organic virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Prepare salad. In a glass bowl whisk all ingredients together except olive oil, salt and pepper. Add olive oil by continuing to whisk mix while pouring in at a steady stream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix in sesame seeds. Pour dressing over salad just before serving.