- 3 cups water
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (12-ounce) package extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 packages instant ramen noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Makes 4 servings.
- Combine water, vegetable broth, tofu, carrot, miso paste, soy sauce and garlic in a large pot. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 1 hour. Add broccoli, snow peas and mushrooms; simmer for 4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Add ramen noodles (discard seasoning packets) and salt. Simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until noodles are done. Serve warm garnished with red pepper flakes.