Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker
I love making grilled sandwiches and paninis! The possibilities are endless!
This grilled cheese sandwich is easy to make. Having all of the ingredients of the sandwich at room temperature is going to help ensure that the cheese melts easily – so pull the cheese and butter out of the fridge at the same time as the guacamole.
Happily, this bacon guacamole grilled cheese sandwich can be a bit messy to eat. That definitely is part of the “experience!”
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 slices Italian bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sargento jack and cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons guacamole, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon tortilla chips, crumbled (optional)
- Cook the bacon until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the Sargento cheese onto the unbuttered side of one slice of bread follow with guacamole, bacon, tortilla chips, the remaining cheese and finally top with the remaining slice of bread with the buttered side up.
- Grill over medium heat until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.