Well, I’ll admit bacon wrapped dates do not sound delicious, but … Once again, I was out at a party and was being served all kinds of finger appetizers. In an effort to be polite, I took a bacon wrapped date. I could not believe how delicious they were. I absolutely loved them!
Here is the recipe for these Bacon Wrapped Dates. You could substitute pitted prunes for the dates if you want to. Wait until you try this recipe! You will be making these for your next get-together!
- 16-ounce package of bacon (regular thickness, not thick cut), cut into thirds
- 8-ounce package of pitted dates
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Position oven rack in the center of the oven. Cover a cookie sheet with foil.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around a date. Make sure the bacon seam is placed facing downward on the cookie sheet. Press firmly on the bacon-wrapped date, so it is less likely to unravel. Repeat until all of the dates are wrapped in bacon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Makes 25-30 bacon-wrapped dates.