Making a Filet Mignon dinner is a special treat. I’ll admit, I treat myself about once a month to this indulgence. With Valentine’s day just a few days away, I am planning a special romantic dinner for my husband. He loves bacon. This recipe for Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon is what I am planning.
I will likely top it at the very last minute with a chunk of blue cheese (another of my husband’s favorites) and serve with a simple baked potato and fresh green beans. Sometimes simple is best. 🙂
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 beef filet steak, 8 to 10 ounces, 2 inches thick
- 2 piece thin bacon
- 2 tablespoon butter, more if needed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Generously salt and pepper both sides of the steak. Wrap the steak with the bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and olive oil. When melted, add the steak to the skillet and sear on both sides until a really nice color, about 1 minute per side.
- Remove the skillet from the stovetop and place into the oven to finish cooking. Cook until medium rare, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.