I came up with this recipe for Baked Corn Tortilla Chips in an effort to use up a bag of corn tortillas that I had on hand. I recently purchased a bag of corn tortillas (instead of flour tortillas) in an effort to cut back on gluten. To say I disliked them is an understatement. I couldn’t eat them but did not want to be wasteful. This recipe for Baked Corn Tortilla Chips transformed something I couldn’t even eat to something addicting.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (can be left out if you don’t like spicy foods)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with foil.
- Using a pizza slicer, cut tortillas into 8 triangles by cutting in quarters then eighths; place in a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil and spices over tortilla triangles and mix well so all tortillas are evenly coated in oil and spices.
- Divide tortillas evenly between both baking sheets and spread out so that they are in an even layer.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes or until browned. (Varies based on oven.)
- Store in air tight container for up to 4 days.