Baked Stuffed Founder is a tasty light dinner option for those nights when you are looking for something healthy. You can easily substitute Tilapia for Flounder if you prefer it.
I like to serve this meal with a nice salad filled with fresh summer produce. I top the fish with lots of fresh squeezed lemon and a bit of tarter sauce.
- 1/2 cup Chopped Celery
- 1/2 cup Chopped Green Onions
- 1 Clove; Minced Garlic
- 1 stick Butter (1/4 lb)
- 1-1/2 cups Moistened Cubes of Bread
- 1/2 lb Chopped Boiled Shrimp
- 1/2 lb Crab Meat
- 2 tbs Chopped Parsley
- 1 Slightly Beaten Egg
- Salt, Pepper and Cayenne Pepper
- 4 Medium Size Flounders
- Sauté celery, onion and garlic in 1/2 of butter over low heat.
- Add bread, shrimp, crabmeat, parsley and egg; mix well.
- Season with salt, black pepper and cayenne.
- Split thick side of flounder, lengthwise and crosswise, and loosen meat from bone of fish to form a pocket for stuffing.
- Brush well with melted butter; salt and pepper, and stuff pocket.
- Melt remaining butter in a shallow baking pan.
- Place fish in pan; do not overlap.
- Cover and bake in 375F oven for 25 minutes, or until fish flakes very easily with a fork.
- Remove cover; bake another 5 minutes.
Yield: 4 Servings