I am always looking for new ways to prepare chicken and I love the flavors of Asian food. This recipe for Baked Teriyaki Chicken fits the bill. The sweet/tangy flavors pack a very nice punch. I like to make this recipe with chicken thighs – with the bone in, but you certainly can make it with boneless (even skinless) chicken thighs if you wish.
Sometimes I serve this with white rice but when I want a bit more pizazz, I serve it with Nappa Cabbage Salad!
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 chicken thighs
- 3 Scallions for garnish
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Place chicken pieces in a 9×13 inch baking dish sprayed with Pam cooking spray. Pour 1/2 half of the sauce over the chicken, brushing each piece so it is coated.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over, pour on remaining sauce, and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.