Here is a quick, easy, and healthy bean salad that can be served alone or mixed with greens. You can make this bean salad a few days ahead. It stores well and is perfect for the upcoming summer BBQ, picnic, or light meal.
- 3/4 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large green pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium red onion, very thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Stir the picante sauce, cilantro, vinegar, oil, pepper, onion, kidney beans and pinto beans in a medium bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring occasionally during chilling time. Garnish with additional cilantro.