Started by cutting the beef in cubes. Then make the corn starch seasoned with salt, pepper, sage, oregano, and basil. Then coat the beef cubes in the corn starch. This is a bit messy, but not too bad to clean up.
Next, add the beef to your pot with which has been heated with a few tablespoons of oil and brown the beef. Once brown, remove the meat from the pot.
Add the vegetables and saute until the onion is translucent. You can add whatever vegetables you like. Some people don’t like green pepper – if you are one of them, simply leave it out or replace it with a vegetable that you do like.
Then add the meat back into the pot and add the garlic.
Give everything a good mix and add the Campbell’s tomato soup.
Then add the College Inn beef broth and cook in a covered pot for 1 1/2 hours or until the beef cubes are nearly tender. Finally, add the cubed potatoes and cook in a covered pot for about 30 minutes or until they are fork tender. Make sure to taste and adjust seasoning. Serve with a crusty bread and Enjoy!
- 2 – 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large Vidalia onion, cubed
- 3 medium carrots, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can Campbell’s Tomato soup
- 1 can College Inn canned beef broth
- 1 green pepper, cubed
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Put cornstarch in a bowl and add salt, pepper, sage, basil and oregano. Mix well.
- Add beef cubes to the cornstarch and coat all surfaces. Add coated beef cubes to oil covering the bottom of the pot and brown meat on all sides. (You may need to do this in two batches.) Make sure to scrape the pot to get all the bits and pieces left behind.
- Remove meat from pot and place on a dish. Add a bit more oil to the pot, heat and add onion, pepper, and carrots.
- Saute vegetables until onion is translucent and then add the meat back into the pot.
- Add garlic
- Add Campbell’s tomato soup (without water or milk) into the pot along with College Inn beef broth. Mix well.
- Add the sprig of rosemary, cover the pot and cook for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add cubed potatoes and cooked for another 30 minutes with the cover on. Check potatoes for doneness – they should be fork tender.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your taste.