- 2 (16-ounce) cans black beans, undrained – divided use
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Chicken Flavor Instant Bouillon
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup bottled chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (optional)
- Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- Place half of beans with liquid and broth in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Coat large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add blended bean mixture, remaining beans and liquid, salsa, lime juice, cumin and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve topped with yogurt. Garnish with cilantro.
Makes 4 servings.