- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 4 teaspoons dried leaf thyme
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, or to your taste
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients
- Place all ingredients in a jar and store in a cool dark place
- Shake jar well before each use.
- Over low heat, melt about 3 tablespoon of butter in a nonstick skillet (enough butter to cover fish, chicken, beef, or pork and the bottom of the pan). As soon as the butter is melted, place the fish in the pan, flipping it over to cover both sides with butter. Then generously coat the meat/fish with the seasoning, flip over again and coat the other side with seasoning. Now turn up the heat to medium-high and cook on one side until blackened and somewhat crispy. Flip over and cook the other side. Add a little more butter whenever necessary.