Blue Cheese makes everything better. Blue cheese slaw is a creamy delicious cole slaw with the delightful biting tang of fine blue cheese. My favorite blue is Maytag – it is creamy and sharp, but use whatever blue makes your taste buds happy.
- 1 lb packaged cole slaw mix (shredded red and green cabbage and carrots)
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (or more) crumbled blue
- Place the cole slaw mix in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar, kosher salt, and black pepper. Taste, and adjust as needed. Pour enough mayonnaise dressing over the grated vegetables and toss to moisten well. Add crumbled blue cheese and toss together.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.