by clicking next below.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped (I used a red one)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp salt
- 15 oz crushed tomatoes (1 can)
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk unsweetened
- 1 lb medium shrimp shelled and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 tsp black pepper ground
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- In a large soup pot heat the olive oil over low heat. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and cook stirring occasionally until the onion and pepper are soft.
- Add the rice, red pepper flakes, salt, tomatoes, and water to the pot and bring a boil. Cook until the rice is almost done, about 10 minutes.
- Stir the coconut milk into the soup. Bring to a simmer and then stir in the shrimp. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are just done, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the black pepper, lemon juice, and parsley.
Source: Jo Cooks