- 8 ounces fettuccine or your favorite pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning or to taste
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced (optional)
- Start cooking the pasta.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat, toss the shrimp in the Cajun seasoning, add to pan and cook, about 2-3 minutes per side, and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the pan and saute until fragrant, about a 30 seconds.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, add the heavy cream, parmesan, and Cajun seasoning and cook until it thickens a bit, about 3-5 minutes.
- Toss the pasta in with the alfredo sauce along with the shrimp and serve garnished with green onions.
Source: Closet Cooking