- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 firm ripe mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add coconut. Cook, stirring constantly until very lightly browned.
- Add the onion and continue cooking and stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add the rice and broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer until rice is cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in mango and black beans, and garnish with the cilantro.