I really dislike carrots. I haven’t given up on eating them, however, because I know that they are nutritious.
I was at a 4th of July party last Saturday and someone brought this Carrot Salad. I put it on my plate since I always take and try carrots (because I know they are good for me) and for once I was amazed! This is a great carrot salad and, for me, a way to get carrots into my body. I know, eating plain carrots would be healthier, but since I don’t eat plain carrots, this is a great way to get some carrots into my diet.
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- 1/3 cup unsalted sunflower kernels (optional)
- In a large serving bowl, combine the carrots, pineapple and raisins.
- Stir in mayonnaise. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, add almonds and sunflower kernels; toss to coat.