Here is another recipe for Thai lovers. The chicken can be replaced by shrimp, beef or pork. Other vegetables such as sugar snap peas, carrots, etc. may be added as desired.
- 1 can Coconut milk
- 1/2 green pepper,sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper spice
- 1 1/2 – 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 kaffir live leaves, cut in half
- 1 small can bamboo shoots
- 1 tablespoon chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Thai basil
- Jasmine rice
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, bring coconut milk, red and green peppers, and onions to a medium boil. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add curry paste, fish sauce, spice and chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Reduce heat and add bamboo shoots, kaffir lime leaves, peanut butter, brown sugar, and Thai basil.
- Simmer 4-5 minutes
- Serve immediately over jasmine rice