I’m always in search of ways to use left-over chicken. This recipe for chicken patties is a great way to disguise left-over chicken. These chicken patties can be served on a bun as a sandwich, topping a salad, or as the protein served with a potato and vegetable.
Best of all, these chicken patties are kid friendly.
- cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning (can use less if you like)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, stir together chicken and cracker crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all other ingredients.
- Pour wet mixture into bowl with chicken and stir until well combined.
- Cover with dish towel and allow to sit for five minutes.
- Form into 5-7 patties. You can freeze at this time if you wish and cook them later.
- Place about 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet and heat over medium high heat for a few minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add patties.
- Cook until well browned on both sides, flipping once.
- To cook from frozen, follow same instructions but allow longer cooking time. Remove from heat once hot through.
- Serve on or next to salad or on buns with mayo, lettuce, and fresh tomato.