Honey Ginger and Chicken make a delicious combination. I love chicken thighs and this recipe for Honey Ginger Chicken is a great way to take chicken thighs to a new level.
You can use this recipe with Chicken breasts if you have a preference for white meat, but do adjust the cooking time.
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks or thighs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Heat the oil and butter in a 9x13x2 baking dish until butter is melted.
- Using a one gallon disposable plastic bag combine the flour, salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon ginger. Shake the chicken in the bag a few pieces at a time to coat thoroughly.
- Place the chicken with skin sides down into the baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes. Turn the chicken and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is roasting using a small bowl mix together the honey, chili sauce, soy sauce, and the other 1/2 teaspoon of ginger.
- Remove the chicken from the baking dish and drain the fat. Return the chicken to the baking dish and pour the sauce over the top of the chicken pieces. Bake for 15 minutes; basting by spooning the sauce over the chicken every 5 minutes.